Sunday, August 5, 2007

Camping in the Northwoods of Wisconsin!

The third weekend in July, Sam and I were in Hibbing and Duluth for Benjamin Senich's baptism and to celebrate Katie's 15th birthday.

Nick and Nina, who are getting married August 8, came up Thursday (July 26) from Ames, IA, where they're both in graduate school at Iowa State University. The next morning, Nick and I got up early to pack so we could hit the road to Northern Wisconsin. We arrived in the Chequamegon National Forest, set up at a campground on Lake Namekagon, and then each group hit their respective trail. Sam and Nina hit the hiking trails while Nick and I went on a 3 hour mountain bike trek, slogging through sandy logging roads to get to the fast singletrack.

Back at the campground, Nick and I made supper and sat around the fire while Nina and Sam read the final installment of Harry Potter. The next morning, Nick and I hit the trails again for another 3 hours while Nina kayaked. After lunch, Nick and Nina went for a paddle while Sam and I swam. Then Sam and I hit the Lake for our own spin in the tandem kayak.

On Sunday, we packed and headed South to Chippewa Falls to tour the Leinenkugels Brewery on our way home. We all had a great time together on our last trip before Sam and I become parents and Nick and Nina tie the knot!

No comments: