Monday, October 17, 2011

Time for a Vote!

Time for a vote. We are fairly certain that we will be in our 2 bedroom house for at least 6 months-2 years. Elizabeth is still in a toddler bed and will need to transition out of it in the next year, and Adam will move out of his crib. Because they share a room, we've been talking about options that don't require their whole room to be beds (especially since we don't have a play room.)

So...I found this loft bed that could fit a mattress underneath on the floor and become a bunk bed. It stands under 4 feet tall and although my kids have tumbled off beds, tables, and couches, I'm somewhat nervous about the bunk. So, what are your thoughts- will they be catapulting off this? (Leave your response in the comments or send me an e-mail).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 3 friends in Hibbing with families of 4 kids all have gone the bunk bed route. I asked them and they all said it works, but when they are busy(cooking dinner ect.) Without fail someone is messing around on the bunk beds. But so far no broken limbs( and what are the odds you'd have to deal with another broken limb?) I vote bunk bed :)
Angie

Jilly said...

find a railing or make one, on our BBs we had railings, which I think was helpful, but also I think it was higher than 4ft.
they will be fine.

Judi said...

You survived the "bunk bed" years without broken bones, as did Grandma Judi. I say go for it :-)

emily said...

Well...we all know Elizabeth can survive a broken leg so I say go for it!
Emily