Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Post I Never Wanted to Write

It is with deep sadness that I share the horrible news of the death of my lifelong friend, Alison. Words can not express the profound sadness that has swept over me this week. I truly feel like a piece of me is gone forever.

Alison, you were the kind of friend that I can only hope to be- kind, genuine, witty, and nonjudgmental. I know you would have hated all of the e-mails and Facebook entries that have circulated. I was torn in writing this post, but I wanted to share with those that I love that someone so special to me has left this Earth.

Tomorrow I head home for her funeral, which will surely be the worst experience of my life.

Please keep Alison's husband, baby daughter, and family in your prayers.

I will miss you forever, Alison. I love you.

2 comments:

Tara said...

So sorry for your loss Sam, I didn't know her,but of course knew of her; but my heart breaks for Kevin and everyone else that loved Alison. Everything I've read about her is so kind and loving. It is hard to lose those great people in our world .

Nina said...

Thinking of you today Sam.