Wednesday, July 22, 2009

MN Zoo visit




For fun, compare Elizabeth to last June's visit...



Despite being under a year, last summer we took Elizabeth to the MN Zoo. This past Saturday, we returned to see the African animals exhibit. Obviously, Elizabeth was far more engaged this year. In short, she was pumped to see so many animals from the books she's read!

Interestingly enough, some of her favorite animals were the farm animals. Plus we found out that she is actually afraid of something...cows! Elizabeth was not going with me to touch the cows for some reason, and shuddered each time I tried to coax her into rubbing the back of one. Granted, all of the other zoo animals were off-limits to touching.

Below are pictures of a nice pictorial of "Elizabeth's Adventures in Chicken Chasing, Part I"


Chickens spotted, Elizabeth is allowed to chase in hot pursuit

You can't hide from me!

Undaunted

As I beamed with pride, I smiled at Samantha who waggled her finger at the sign on the barn door "Please don't chase the chickens - MN Zoo." Minutes after I had given Elizabeth the green light, I was forced to (hypocritically) counsel my daughter on how we shouldn't chase chickens.

5 comments:

Judi said...

Cute pictures. The O'Connor Family said they saw you at the zoo. You need to bring Elizabeth to the Fair so she can warm up to the cows :)

Andrea said...

i love her. we have to get them together to play soon.

also, josh, you seem to get your daughter into trouble a lot...hmmm??!! heehee

Tara said...

I love the pictures.. we are going to the zoo in 2 days!! Yeah...

B-O-B said...

Do anyone notice how much more Elizabeth looks like Josh as she grows up???? I'm just saying...

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.