Friday, August 8, 2008

More like Daddy

I have often chronicled our battles with sleep in the Grant household. Elizabeth has now decided to follow in the footsteps of the wise Gandhi and practice passive resistance. When I lay her in her crib for a nap or bedtime, she will hardly fuss. After ten minutes of feeling victorious as a mother, I peek into her room to check on my snoozing baby only to find her wide awake, sitting up, sucking on her Nuk and cuddling her blanket! This strategy is also the most effective one that she has tried, as I have trouble keeping a wide awake child in her crib...so it looks like Elizabeth and Gandhi had it right.

As a note, this is definitely a trait that comes from her father, as her mother would scream and yell until someone came to get her. Ha ha, Josh, looks like she got some of your traits after all!

No comments: