Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day



The kids had a great St. Patrick's day thanks to Jackie. The leprechaun left gold coins under Elizabeth's pillow this week. Today at daycare, the leprechaun had hid treasures all over the yard for the kids to find. How fun! They also made these lovely hats.

I had a crazy St. Patrick's Day story too. On my way to pick the kids up from daycare, I drove past a little girl, probably around 2, who was playing on the side of the road. Our daycare provider lives in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in our town, so while this wouldn't have surprised me in my neighborhood, it made me stop in hers. The little girl had a dress on and tights but no shoes. I got out of my car and figured out where she lived, which was difficult as she only wanted to tell me about the puppies that she was chasing in the nearby yard. (I wanted to say "focus sweetie!") I figured out where she lived and started to bring her there when a woman burst out of the house frantic. It was a really scary experience, and I'm so glad that I saw her, and she was safe. There's a bit of luck today!

2 comments:

Nina said...

Wow! Glad she is ok!

B-O-B said...

Sam to the rescue. Worse parental nightmare ever.