Wednesday, May 13, 2009

18 Months

Elizabeth is now 18 months old. We are very thankful to have such a wonderfully energetic and healthy daughter. After the rain quit, we went for a walk on the trail, as we do most evenings since spring has arrived. Elizabeth loves to check out both old and new things. Tonight we chased rabbits and spied on the ducklings at the edge of the river. Always the individual, she walked along the trail a solid 3 ft+ away from both of her parents. Except, of course, when she needed a lift to touch the water droplets dripping from flowering crab trees.

I know Elizabeth enjoyed the evening before she turned 18 months old. What could be better than "Daddy, I splash puddle!"

Elizabeth wasn't asking, she was telling.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I feel like I've been around babies everywhere I go, but none of them could say, "Daddy, I splash puddle." She must be bright like her mommy! Hope to meet her soon! Call if you're in Hibbing.