Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School!


Today was Josh's first day of school. I forced him to take the dorky "I'm waiting by the door" picture. (He should be happy that I don't follow him to Goodhue and take his picture in his room.) Elizabeth got up just in time to wish her dad a good day- 5 more years until she joins him.

Josh reports that the first day went really well. He is looking forward to a fresh batch of students. This year he will be teaching AP US History, 7th grade American History, and 9th grade Civics. His highlight of the day and a great start to the year was one eager student asking him, "Would it be okay if I read ahead in my AP History book?" Score for education!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I hope this is the first of many back to school pics!!

Judi said...

I love your 1st day of school picture Josh. You both look like you are morning people :)

Carolyn said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! It's great to see the progress Elizabeth's making!! Stop in with her if you get the chance, the kids would love to see her!

The Grant's said...

I don't know when Elizabeth will be in Goodhue again, but we'll stop by as soon as we can.